Buen Provecho – Ensalada de melloco
A delicious light salad with melloco, onion and tomato.
Recipe: Melloco salad
Ingredients (for 5 people):
- 250 g melloco (as an alternative, Jerusalem artichoke can be used in Europe).
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 red onions
- 1 bell bell pepper
- 1 avocado
- 1⁄2 tsp salt
- 5 tbsp. neutral oil
- The vegetables are washed well and the melloco is boiled for 15 minutes.
- The tomatoes and the peppers are diced, while the melloco and the onion are cut into strips.
- At the end, all the cut vegetables are mixed in a bowl with oil and salt.
- The avocado is cut into 5 pieces and served with the salad.
For the last 50 years, organic and vegetarian nutrition is the basis of all SALEM projects worldwide.
We believe in a holistic, ecological way of life with a vegetarian and organic nutrition, natural medicine and nature protection using organic agriculture and permaculture methods.
In our recipe book “Buen Provecho” we present 12 delicious recipes so that you can prepare the typical kind of meals that are on our menu at the SALEM center day-to-day.