SALEM offers after-school day care for children and adolescents who are at risk or in a vulnerable living situation. We provide comprehensive and interdisciplinary care with a humanistic approach and a variety of activities.
Our team of professionals is always at your disposal to listen, comfort, help, and accompany with an approach of alternative and emergency pedagogy. The pedagogical actions of our team support and complement the therapeutic and social work that SALEM does.
Each day has a specific routine. At SALEM, the daily routine has a defined structure with a degree of flexibility. By having a mix of calm and energizing activities, the kids are able to work out frustrations, focus, and learn.
- Opening circle: calm and movement activities that allow the group to situate itself in the here and now.
- Development: Social, attitude, motor and cognitive areas are covered through activities planned according to the needs and interests of each group.
- Closing: activities that seek calm reflection such as narratives, stories based on the kids feelings, and daily learning.
All activities are complemented with healthy food twice a day (lunch and snack), physical activity or sports, excursions and outdoor activities.
We facilitate a variety of experiential workshops: group landscaping, cooking, sewing, music (flute, guitar, drums), skating, and gardening.
Free spaces such as the sandbox, playhouse, ping pong table, foosball table and the vegetable garden encourage freedom in the kids and adolescents and help build confidence and personal autonomy, allowing them to meet their needs and pursue their interests.
Our integral accompaniment
- Academic tutoring: An educational accompaniment used to help the learning process of kids
- Complementary activities: Music and sewing activities help children and adolescents to discover their abilities and enhance their cognitive development.
- Emergency Pedagogy: It allows working with a pedagogical, curative methodology to stabilize and support children and youth in traumatic situations through activities that work with art, movement and words.
- Ovo-lacto vegetarian nutrition: For us, it is essential that kids learn healthy eating habits
- Individual and family psychosocial support: The rights protection team (social and psychological) and the pedagogical team work together to provide comprehensive support.
- Promote values of respect and responsibility with the environment: Through daily practices in the management and separation of solid waste such as compost management, vermiculture project, etc. In addition, visits to nature reserves to raise awareness and commitment to the environment.
Life Plan for young people
A world full of new challenges is waiting for our youth. We continue to support them in their vocational and academic education, thanks to the support of our sponsors and local tourism businesses, we are able to offer our youth internships and preparatory courses as well as stipends, so that each youth can achieve their dreams and become a proactive and empowered member of society.
“Vivir Mi Vida” Scholarship Program.
The objective of the program is to inspire and empower young people to formulate and pursue their own goals and dreams, based on talent, initiative and motivation. SALEM provides scholarships for young people to pursue higher education.