Buen Provecho – Croquetas de Zanahoria
A delicious and healthy vegetarian dish that the SALEM kids love!
Croquetas de zanahoria (Carrot Croquets)
Ingredients (for 8 people):
- 2/3 cup corn flour
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 4 carrots
- 2 eggs
- ½ pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 leek
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp cumin
- ½ handful of cilantro
- salt and pepper (depending on taste)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Cut the washed onions, leek, paprika and coriander leaves into very small pieces or chopped. (This process can also be accelerated by mixing the ingredients with some water in the blender or food processor).
- Wash and grate the carrots and crush the garlic.
- Mix the carrots, the other vegetables, and the eggs well along with the garlic, cumin, pepper and salt.
- Make balls or small tortillas (see illustration) from the mixture and either briefly fry in oil until the croquetas get a crispy crust, or bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes at 200 ° C.
Try eating these with our spicy Salsa de aji.
For the last 50 years, organic and vegetarian nutrition is the basis of all SALEM projects worldwide.
We believe in a holistic, ecological way of life with a vegetarian and organic nutrition, natural medicine and nature protection using organic agriculture and permaculture methods.
In our recipe book “Buen Provecho” we present 12 delicious recipes so that you can prepare the typical kind of meals that are on our menu at the SALEM center day-to-day.