Buen Provecho – Cream of Spinach Soup with Popcorn
For the last 50 years, organic and vegetarian nutrition is the basis of all SALEM projects worldwide.
We believe in a holistic, ecological way of life with a vegetarian and organic nutrition, natural medicine and nature protection using organic agriculture and permaculture methods.
In our recipe book “Buen Provecho” we present 12 delicious recipes so that you can prepare the typical kind of meals that are on our menu at the SALEM center day-to-day.
Recipe: Cream of Spinach Soup with Popcorn
(Crema de espinaca con canguil)
Ingredients (for 6 people):
- 1 bunch of spinach
- 1 potato
- 1 pepper
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Wash and dice the spinach, potato and the pepper.
- Heat the oil in the pan and lightly sauté the pepper.
- Add the rest of the diced vegetables and add water, salt and pepper. Boil on low heat.
- When the potatoes are soft, blend the soup in a blender or food processor.
- If the soup is too thick, add water.
- Serve the soup topped with unsalted popcorn.