Buen Provecho – Molido
Recipe: Molido (Mashed Plantains)
Ingredients (for 5 people):
- 5 plantains (approx. one plantain for each person)
- ½ leek
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pinch of salt
- fresh cilantro (depending on taste)
- Wash and peel the plantains and roughly cut them into pieces.
- Then the plantains are cooked for about 40 minutes.
- When the plantains have finished cooking, mash them until everything is a crumbly mass.
- Wash and chop the cilantro, the leek and the onion and mash the garlic.
- Sautee the cilantro, leek, onion and garlic with salt in oil.
- Add the plantain mixture and briefly fry everything in the pan.
- At the end, add butter and breakfast is ready!
Try eating these with our spicy Salsa de aji.
For the last 50 years, organic and vegetarian nutrition is the basis of all SALEM projects worldwide.
We believe in a holistic, ecological way of life with a vegetarian and organic nutrition, natural medicine and nature protection using organic agriculture and permaculture methods.
In our recipe book “Buen Provecho” we present 12 delicious recipes so that you can prepare the typical kind of meals that are on our menu at the SALEM center day-to-day.